Bringing communities together
The Kent and Medway Charity Team organises a range of activities to help the charitable sector with its fundraising and supports initiatives to promote health and wellbeing, particularly amongst primary school children.
The charity works in partnership with the KM Group, Kent's biggest media organisation. The media group provides free office accommodation for the charity at its offices at Wraik Hill, Whitstable and provides editorial coverage for its shared activities.
The charity provides a range of services under the broad headings of charitable support, health and wellbeing and walk to school services.
- Charity of the Year. We can help and advise charities on how to apply to become the KM Group's charity of the Year in one of seven locations in Kent. Causes selected receive publicity through KM Group media and direct fundraising support from the KM Charity Team.
- Fundraising. Charities can receive a block of places at one or more of our adrenaline challenge events to raise funds for their own cause.
The team also organises four record-breaking KM Big Quiz brain challenge events to support a host of charities and good causes.
The KM Charity Team started as a children's road safety charity a decade ago and still has a thriving and innovative team providing award-winning services to primary schools in Kent and Medway. These include:
- Walking Bus. Organised walks to school where parents collaborate and escort a column of children along a set route.
- Walk on Wednesday. Wow is a starter service with families walking to school once a week and children receiving stickers and rewards.
- Active Bug Scheme. Families walk every day to school with class milestones set and in-class activities earned.
To find out more about our charitable activities phone 0844 2640291 (lo-call) or email us here.